BRISTOL, Va. - Alpha Natural Resources has temporarily suspended production at a Pennsylvania mine.
The Bristol-based company says adverse geological conditions has stopped the underground longwall mining operation at the Greene County, PA site.
They tell us mine employees are working to improve conditions that stopped operations. And, until that happens, the Cumberland Coal Resources mine will remain idle for several weeks.
There will be a reduced workforce. Employees that are key to bringing the longwall back into production will continue to work.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin