Two Southwest Virginia All-Star Football team members received scholarships from CONSOL Energy.
Todd McGlothlin and A.J. Johnson, both from Richlands High School, received $500 each after the CONSOL Energy Southwest Virginia Touchdown Club Blue-Gray Bowl.
It was played in Bristol, Virginia and athletes from all over southwest Virginia competed.
The game was dedicated in memory of William "Frog" Milhorn, one of the organizers for the annual event that died earlier this year.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend