VIRGINIA - The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) stores will close on Sunday, March 31 in observance of the Easter holiday.
Stores will operate normal hours on Monday, April 1.
ABC stores are a major source of revenue for the Commonwealth, contributing $1.7 billion to the general fund in the last five years. The agency currently operates 340 state stores.
Its Bureau of Law Enforcement oversees more than 16,000 ABC licensed establishments while the Hearings and Appeals Division considers more than 700 cases each year.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend