VIRGINIA - The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) stores will close on Sunday, March 31 in observance of the Easter holiday.
Stores will operate normal hours on Monday, April 1.
ABC stores are a major source of revenue for the Commonwealth, contributing $1.7 billion to the general fund in the last five years. The agency currently operates 340 state stores.
Its Bureau of Law Enforcement oversees more than 16,000 ABC licensed establishments while the Hearings and Appeals Division considers more than 700 cases each year.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death