VIRGINIA - The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) stores will close on Sunday, March 31 in observance of the Easter holiday.
Stores will operate normal hours on Monday, April 1.
ABC stores are a major source of revenue for the Commonwealth, contributing $1.7 billion to the general fund in the last five years. The agency currently operates 340 state stores.
Its Bureau of Law Enforcement oversees more than 16,000 ABC licensed establishments while the Hearings and Appeals Division considers more than 700 cases each year.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam