Pound, Va. -
Virginia State Police have identified the nine-year old boy killed in a tragic A-T-V accident in Wise County yesterday.
He was Austin W. Bowman of Pound.
Authorities were initially called following a report of a missing child.
He had been riding his A-T-V on family property and failed to return after several hours.
The Wise County Sheriff's Department were called in to help with the search.
"We started contacting other resources that were available to us to assist, Pound Rescue, Pound Fire Department assisted. Our K-9 unit was contacted, they came out and was able to run a track and unfortunately was able to locate the boy approximately 200 yards from his residence," Says Duane Phillip an investigator with the department.
Authorities tell us the boy was wearing a helmet and apparently lost control of the A-T-V which landed upside down.
The incident remains under investigation.
Austin was a student at j.w. adams combined school in Pound. The school is out this week for spring break.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations