If you plan on driving through Virginia this holiday weekend, you should find traffic running smoothly.
The Virginia Department of Transportation will suspend road work to reduce congestion.
VDOT will lift lane closures on most interstates and highways from noon Wednesday, July 3rd, until noon Friday, July 5.
Here are some more tips to make sure you stay safe on the road; obey the speed limit, wear your seat belt, limit distractions and be courteous to other travelers.
And for real-time information on traffic accidents and congestion, call 511.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting