If you plan on driving through Virginia this holiday weekend, you should find traffic running smoothly.
The Virginia Department of Transportation will suspend road work to reduce congestion.
VDOT will lift lane closures on most interstates and highways from noon Wednesday, July 3rd, until noon Friday, July 5.
Here are some more tips to make sure you stay safe on the road; obey the speed limit, wear your seat belt, limit distractions and be courteous to other travelers.
And for real-time information on traffic accidents and congestion, call 511.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations