If you plan on driving through Virginia this holiday weekend, you should find traffic running smoothly.
The Virginia Department of Transportation will suspend road work to reduce congestion.
VDOT will lift lane closures on most interstates and highways from noon Wednesday, July 3rd, until noon Friday, July 5.
Here are some more tips to make sure you stay safe on the road; obey the speed limit, wear your seat belt, limit distractions and be courteous to other travelers.
And for real-time information on traffic accidents and congestion, call 511.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death