If you plan on driving through Virginia this holiday weekend, you should find traffic running smoothly.
The Virginia Department of Transportation will suspend road work to reduce congestion.
VDOT will lift lane closures on most interstates and highways from noon Wednesday, July 3rd, until noon Friday, July 5.
Here are some more tips to make sure you stay safe on the road; obey the speed limit, wear your seat belt, limit distractions and be courteous to other travelers.
And for real-time information on traffic accidents and congestion, call 511.
- Updated BREAKING: One person shot, flown to hospital in Washington County, Va.
- Tusculum and Mosheim voters must decide on liquor sales
- Bigger turnout in second year of Push! Film Festival
- Family Justice Center to open in Sullivan County
- Voting on wine sales in retail food stores in two Unicoi County towns