CARROLL COUNTY, Va - One man is dead after a multi-vehicle crash on Interstate 77
Virginia State Police say it happened around 11:00 Saturday morning (September 21, 2013) in the northbound lanes of Interstate 77 in Carroll County.
Police tell us a tractor trailer was approaching stopped traffic when it was rear ended, causing it to skid across all northbound lanes.
Several other vehicles hit the tractor trailer.
Dan H. Grubb, 71, of The Plains, Ohio died at the scene. Several other drivers involved were taken to the hospital but are expected to be OK.
Police say heavy fog could have played a role in the crash.
The accident is under investigation.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next