A 27-year-old Virginia State Trooper died after being hit by an SUV while directing traffic at the Virginia State Fair.
We're told Trooper Andrew Fox from Tazewell County was hit late Friday on Route 30 in Hanover County.
Fox was wearing a traffic safety vest when he was struck.
No charges have been filed against the driver, but the investigation is ongoing.
State Police Superintendent, Colonel W. Steven Flaherty called Fox highly regarded and his death a "tremendous loss."
Fox is the 58th state police officer killed in the line of duty in its 80-year history.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin