A 27-year-old Virginia State Trooper died after being hit by an SUV while directing traffic at the Virginia State Fair.
We're told Trooper Andrew Fox from Tazewell County was hit late Friday on Route 30 in Hanover County.
Fox was wearing a traffic safety vest when he was struck.
No charges have been filed against the driver, but the investigation is ongoing.
State Police Superintendent, Colonel W. Steven Flaherty called Fox highly regarded and his death a "tremendous loss."
Fox is the 58th state police officer killed in the line of duty in its 80-year history.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated