Virginia is preparing to send its first shipment of chicken to China in seven years. This follows a seven year ban. China blocked Virginia chicken exports in 2007 after a case of pathogenic avian influenza was reported on a single farm.The country lifted that ban on imported Virginia poultry products in May. Governor Terry Mcauliffe's office says a shipment of chicken wing tips will leave the port of virginia this Friday. The Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry says he estimates Virginia could sell $20 million in poultry products to China this year.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Couple wants to change middle names to 'Seamonster'
- Furniture made to look (and smell) like human skin
- Man uses bedsheets to escape from jail
- Driver falls asleep, sparks fire in Oregon
- Cops: Times Square Spider-Man punches officer
- Man's 41 Homer Simpson tattoos set world record
- Police solve 'creepy' porcelain doll mystery
- Man claims his penis was mistakenly amputated
- Naked thieves steal 60 burgers from Florida eatery