Virginia is preparing to send its first shipment of chicken to China in seven years. This follows a seven year ban. China blocked Virginia chicken exports in 2007 after a case of pathogenic avian influenza was reported on a single farm.The country lifted that ban on imported Virginia poultry products in May. Governor Terry Mcauliffe's office says a shipment of chicken wing tips will leave the port of virginia this Friday. The Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry says he estimates Virginia could sell $20 million in poultry products to China this year.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Plumber's truck ends up on Syrian front lines
- Burglars steal ashes of woman's 2 dogs
- Taxi scares wolves away from buffalo
- Pot shop removes weed-smoking Santa art
- Johns Hopkins mistakenly welcomes wrong students
- Mystery man hands out $100 bills in Massachusetts
- Cremated remains donated to Goodwill
- DNA from beard leads cops to burglar
- Wis. governor's Hanukkah message: 'Molotov!'