Virginia is preparing to send its first shipment of chicken to China in seven years. This follows a seven year ban. China blocked Virginia chicken exports in 2007 after a case of pathogenic avian influenza was reported on a single farm.The country lifted that ban on imported Virginia poultry products in May. Governor Terry Mcauliffe's office says a shipment of chicken wing tips will leave the port of virginia this Friday. The Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry says he estimates Virginia could sell $20 million in poultry products to China this year.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Cops: Woman swallows stolen ring to 'hide it'
- Russian bank offers cats with mortgages
- 99 cans of beer in a pack
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)