Virginia is preparing to send its first shipment of chicken to China in seven years. This follows a seven year ban. China blocked Virginia chicken exports in 2007 after a case of pathogenic avian influenza was reported on a single farm.The country lifted that ban on imported Virginia poultry products in May. Governor Terry Mcauliffe's office says a shipment of chicken wing tips will leave the port of virginia this Friday. The Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry says he estimates Virginia could sell $20 million in poultry products to China this year.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Funeral home offers drive-thru visitation
- Daredevil dachshund 'loves' first skydive
- 'Nude' women's cycling uniforms raise eyebrows
- Coyote found napping in Ariz. fireplace
- Pizza Hut outlet drops 'free small animal' deal
- Pomeranian disappears: Did he become dinner?
- Police: Man hid drugs in D.A.R.E. stuffed animal
- Teen petitions to get cat, lasers in yearbook photo
- Deputy suspended for using taekwondo kick on inmate