BRISTOL, Va. - Virginia Intermont College plans to merge with Florida-based Webber International University.
According to a news release put out Friday, the merger would be effective in July 2014.
The U.S. Department of Education, the State Council of Higher Education, and the Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges still needs to approve the merger.
Virginia Intermont lost their SACS accreditation in 2013, but then had it restored while they worked out a plan to keep operating. Click here to read more.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin