BRISTOL, Va. - Virginia Intermont College plans to merge with Florida-based Webber International University.
According to a news release put out Friday, the merger would be effective in July 2014.
The U.S. Department of Education, the State Council of Higher Education, and the Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges still needs to approve the merger.
Virginia Intermont lost their SACS accreditation in 2013, but then had it restored while they worked out a plan to keep operating. Click here to read more.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal