BRISTOL, Va. - Virginia Intermont College plans to merge with Florida-based Webber International University.
According to a news release put out Friday, the merger would be effective in July 2014.
The U.S. Department of Education, the State Council of Higher Education, and the Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges still needs to approve the merger.
Virginia Intermont lost their SACS accreditation in 2013, but then had it restored while they worked out a plan to keep operating. Click here to read more.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals