BRISTOL, VA. - The Virginia Tobacco Commission approved 240 thousand dollars in grant money for Virginia Intermont College.
State delegate and commission chair, Terry Kilgore says the money will help Virginia Intermont maintain jobs and help the college with restructuring.
"I think it's very important that we keep VI as an employer and as an educational institute for Southwest Virginia." said Kilgore " So we did invest in that and in VI and hopefully we will hear from them soon about their restructuring plans."
The college is currently in the process of working to maintain accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone