BRISTOL, VA. - The Virginia Tobacco Commission approved 240 thousand dollars in grant money for Virginia Intermont College.
State delegate and commission chair, Terry Kilgore says the money will help Virginia Intermont maintain jobs and help the college with restructuring.
"I think it's very important that we keep VI as an employer and as an educational institute for Southwest Virginia." said Kilgore " So we did invest in that and in VI and hopefully we will hear from them soon about their restructuring plans."
The college is currently in the process of working to maintain accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets