BRISTOL, VA. - The Virginia Tobacco Commission approved 240 thousand dollars in grant money for Virginia Intermont College.
State delegate and commission chair, Terry Kilgore says the money will help Virginia Intermont maintain jobs and help the college with restructuring.
"I think it's very important that we keep VI as an employer and as an educational institute for Southwest Virginia." said Kilgore " So we did invest in that and in VI and hopefully we will hear from them soon about their restructuring plans."
The college is currently in the process of working to maintain accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial