BRISTOL, VA. - The Virginia Tobacco Commission approved 240 thousand dollars in grant money for Virginia Intermont College.
State delegate and commission chair, Terry Kilgore says the money will help Virginia Intermont maintain jobs and help the college with restructuring.
"I think it's very important that we keep VI as an employer and as an educational institute for Southwest Virginia." said Kilgore " So we did invest in that and in VI and hopefully we will hear from them soon about their restructuring plans."
The college is currently in the process of working to maintain accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day