BRISTOL, Va. - The board of trustees at Virginia Intermont College has accepted the resignation of President Clorisa Phillips.
A statement issued by the college said Phillips stepped down due to personal reasons.
She served as president for nearly four years.
The board of trustees is placing the day-to-day leadership of the college with Compass Executives of Nashville with Art Rebrovick serving as interim president and restructuring agent.
The college has set up teach out programs so that students are in a position to continue their educations with other colleges.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project