ABINGDON, Va. - One of the biggest Medicaid fraud settlements ever, is bringing millions to Virginia and Tennessee.
We found out settlement money from the Abbot Laboratories case has now been distributed.
As part of a plea agreement, the company has agreed to pay $1.5 billion over allegations that it promoted the anti-seizure drug Depakote as medicine to control dementia and other disorders.
Today Virginia was awarded $2.6 million in damages, which is being split between Smyth and Tazewell counties.
Tennessee is expected to receive just under $2 million as well.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City