Richmond, Va. - Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell announced the "Virginia Adopts: Campaign for 1,000".
The governor's office says it's an initiative to match more than 1,000 children in foster care in Virginia with 1,000 adoptive families. The official kickoff will take place May 17 at the Executive Mansion in Richmond. In a press release, the governor's office encourages people who have considered becoming a foster parent or adopting, or just want to learn more about our Campaign for 1,000, to visit www.VirginiaAdopts.Virginia.Gov
The governor issued a proclamation recognizing May 2013 as Foster Care Month in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome