Richmond, Va. - Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell announced the "Virginia Adopts: Campaign for 1,000".
The governor's office says it's an initiative to match more than 1,000 children in foster care in Virginia with 1,000 adoptive families. The official kickoff will take place May 17 at the Executive Mansion in Richmond. In a press release, the governor's office encourages people who have considered becoming a foster parent or adopting, or just want to learn more about our Campaign for 1,000, to visit www.VirginiaAdopts.Virginia.Gov
The governor issued a proclamation recognizing May 2013 as Foster Care Month in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson