Richmond, Va. - Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell announced the "Virginia Adopts: Campaign for 1,000".
The governor's office says it's an initiative to match more than 1,000 children in foster care in Virginia with 1,000 adoptive families. The official kickoff will take place May 17 at the Executive Mansion in Richmond. In a press release, the governor's office encourages people who have considered becoming a foster parent or adopting, or just want to learn more about our Campaign for 1,000, to visit www.VirginiaAdopts.Virginia.Gov
The governor issued a proclamation recognizing May 2013 as Foster Care Month in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project