GRAYSON COUNTY, Va. - A new correctional facility is headed to Grayson County, Virginia.
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell is set to open the River North Correctional Center Wednesday afternoon. It's the first new Virginia Department of Corrections facility since 2007. It will employ up to 350 people.
The prison was completed in 2010 but has remained empty because of state budget problems.
The prison will house around a thousand inmates. They will begin moving into the facility on October 7.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University