GRAYSON COUNTY, Va. - A new correctional facility is headed to Grayson County, Virginia.
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell is set to open the River North Correctional Center Wednesday afternoon. It's the first new Virginia Department of Corrections facility since 2007. It will employ up to 350 people.
The prison was completed in 2010 but has remained empty because of state budget problems.
The prison will house around a thousand inmates. They will begin moving into the facility on October 7.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend