GRAYSON COUNTY, Va. - A new correctional facility is headed to Grayson County, Virginia.
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell is set to open the River North Correctional Center Wednesday afternoon. It's the first new Virginia Department of Corrections facility since 2007. It will employ up to 350 people.
The prison was completed in 2010 but has remained empty because of state budget problems.
The prison will house around a thousand inmates. They will begin moving into the facility on October 7.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power