BRISTOL, Tenn. - Recognizing students who may not win because of their abilities but who are winners because of their spirits -- that's the goal of an event taking place at Tennessee High Friday.
The school will host the fourth annual Adaptive Aquatics meet at Viking Hall Friday morning beginning at 9:15 a.m.
The event is open to students who have physical or cognitive disabilities in our region.
We're told more than 140 athletes will take part in 10 events, including the 25-meter freestyle, the 50-meter kickboard, and the biggest splash competition.
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court
- Updated Barter Theatre announces 2017 lineup