BRISTOL, Tenn. - We have new information about the Bristol house fire we first told you about Wednesday night.
We've learned the victim is 96-year-old Annie Hayes.
She's listed in critical condition at Bristol Regional Medical Center.
The fire started around 6pm in the Hickory Road home. The Bristol Fire Department believes it started in the living room. Click here to read more.
Hayes was rushed to the hospital. Her friends and neighbors are worried about her. "We are just praying for her comfort. She is burned and she also has smoke inhalation, so we're praying for her comfort," says Trudi Jenkins, who is a friend of Hayes.
The cause remains under investigation. Firefighters say the home had no smoke detectors.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development