BRISTOL, Tenn. - We have new information about the Bristol house fire we first told you about Wednesday night.
We've learned the victim is 96-year-old Annie Hayes.
She's listed in critical condition at Bristol Regional Medical Center.
The fire started around 6pm in the Hickory Road home. The Bristol Fire Department believes it started in the living room. Click here to read more.
Hayes was rushed to the hospital. Her friends and neighbors are worried about her. "We are just praying for her comfort. She is burned and she also has smoke inhalation, so we're praying for her comfort," says Trudi Jenkins, who is a friend of Hayes.
The cause remains under investigation. Firefighters say the home had no smoke detectors.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death