BRISTOL, Va. - A local college has lost their appeal of a decision to take away their accreditation.
We learned Thursday morning that Virginia Intermont College plans to move forward following an August 21 hearing. The college was appealing a decision by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools' Commission on Colleges to remove VI from membership.
The SACS appeals committee has upheld its earlier decision. The decision came after SACS says VI failed to comply with core requirements and comprehensive standards for financial resources and stability.
VI has filed for an injunction from federal court in order to maintain accreditation through the legal process.
- New Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Updated Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- New Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Elizabethton police looking for credit card thieves
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley