BRISTOL, Va. - A local college has lost their appeal of a decision to take away their accreditation.
We learned Thursday morning that Virginia Intermont College plans to move forward following an August 21 hearing. The college was appealing a decision by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools' Commission on Colleges to remove VI from membership.
The SACS appeals committee has upheld its earlier decision. The decision came after SACS says VI failed to comply with core requirements and comprehensive standards for financial resources and stability.
VI has filed for an injunction from federal court in order to maintain accreditation through the legal process.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin