BRISTOL, Va. - The future is secure for the equestrian program at Virginia Intermont College.
Emory & Henry College announced Tuesday it will be taking over the award-winning program. When VI closed a month ago, the fate of the program, like everything else, was unknown.
With Tuesday's announcement, the program will remain operational and will stay at the same location at exit 10 in Bristol, Virginia.
Emory & Henry has hired three former VI employees to serve as faculty members and coaches for the program, as well as eight staff members formerly at VI.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day