BRISTOL, Va. - The future is secure for the equestrian program at Virginia Intermont College.
Emory & Henry College announced Tuesday it will be taking over the award-winning program. When VI closed a month ago, the fate of the program, like everything else, was unknown.
With Tuesday's announcement, the program will remain operational and will stay at the same location at exit 10 in Bristol, Virginia.
Emory & Henry has hired three former VI employees to serve as faculty members and coaches for the program, as well as eight staff members formerly at VI.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- New Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- New Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- New Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison