BRISTOL, Va. - The future is secure for the equestrian program at Virginia Intermont College.
Emory & Henry College announced Tuesday it will be taking over the award-winning program. When VI closed a month ago, the fate of the program, like everything else, was unknown.
With Tuesday's announcement, the program will remain operational and will stay at the same location at exit 10 in Bristol, Virginia.
Emory & Henry has hired three former VI employees to serve as faculty members and coaches for the program, as well as eight staff members formerly at VI.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next