BRISTOL, Va. - The future is secure for the equestrian program at Virginia Intermont College.
Emory & Henry College announced Tuesday it will be taking over the award-winning program. When VI closed a month ago, the fate of the program, like everything else, was unknown.
With Tuesday's announcement, the program will remain operational and will stay at the same location at exit 10 in Bristol, Virginia.
Emory & Henry has hired three former VI employees to serve as faculty members and coaches for the program, as well as eight staff members formerly at VI.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment