BRISTOL, TENN. - Captain Thomas McDaniel served more than four decades to protect the community. Today, McDaniel retired after 43 years of service.
When McDaniel joined the force, there were only 25 officers, today there are more than 60.
He says the biggest change he's seen since he started in 1971 is the training officers go through on a daily basis. "Never thought you'd get to this point but life's quick, I just have to accept it." said McDaniel. "I've been here all my life."
McDaniel says the secret to a long career is to treat people right.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial