BRISTOL, TENN. - Captain Thomas McDaniel served more than four decades to protect the community. Today, McDaniel retired after 43 years of service.
When McDaniel joined the force, there were only 25 officers, today there are more than 60.
He says the biggest change he's seen since he started in 1971 is the training officers go through on a daily basis. "Never thought you'd get to this point but life's quick, I just have to accept it." said McDaniel. "I've been here all my life."
McDaniel says the secret to a long career is to treat people right.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- New ACC moves its championship game to Orlando
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer