BRISTOL, Va. - A Bristol, Virginia man was sentenced to more than 40 years in prison.
A jury found Dan Buchanan guilty of 2nd degree murder in connection with the killing of Chase Robins back in November of 2012. Dan Buchanan was charged with first degree murder.
Bristol, Virginia police say they got a call about a shooting in the early morning hours of November 18, 2012 at 1971 Lee Highway just off Exit 5. Authorities say Buchanan was renting an apartment behind a business there. We're told Robins died from a gunshot wound.
Buchanan was given 40 years on the second degree murder charge plus three years for use of a firearm in the commission of a murder. Those sentences are to be served consecutively.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam