BRISTOL, Va. - A Bristol, Virginia man was sentenced to more than 40 years in prison.
A jury found Dan Buchanan guilty of 2nd degree murder in connection with the killing of Chase Robins back in November of 2012. Dan Buchanan was charged with first degree murder.
Bristol, Virginia police say they got a call about a shooting in the early morning hours of November 18, 2012 at 1971 Lee Highway just off Exit 5. Authorities say Buchanan was renting an apartment behind a business there. We're told Robins died from a gunshot wound.
Buchanan was given 40 years on the second degree murder charge plus three years for use of a firearm in the commission of a murder. Those sentences are to be served consecutively.
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game
- Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger