The recent resignation announcement of University of Virginia president Teresa Sullivan has left the university wondering what is next.
Sullivan announced her resignation abruptly Sunday. It is set to take effect on August 15 of this year.
Sullivan says the resignation comes over what she terms as a philosophical conflict with the board of directors. Officials with UVa-Wise say they will be able to conduct business as usual throughout the replacement process.
"Right now with our relationships that we have with the administration that's there, our close operating relationship we have with them and our closeness with the board of visitors,? UVa-Wise Chancellor of Finance and Administration Simeone E. Ewing said. ?I would expect that everything would continue to operate pretty much as normal."
The board of visitors will appoint an interim president and then begin looking into how they will handle the process of selecting a new permanent president.
There is no word on a timeline for that selection process.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake