BRISTOL, Tenn. - It'll be the Hokies versus the Vols.
The two teams will play ball at the Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016, according to sources close to the Virginia Tech program.
Fans are excited, and everyone we found couldn't stop talking about it. "It's going to be the biggest game ever. I think it will be pretty cool," says fan Marina McLaughlin.
Over at the Bristol Chamber of Commerce, they couldn't be more excited. "Bristol sits right between the two communities and we would just get a lot of support from both communities," says Kimberly Leonard with the Bristol Chamber of Commerce.
On State Street, the manager at Phyl's of Bristol, Megan Street, says they're going to start stocking up as soon as a date is set.
They think the game will have a big economic impact on the area. "If Tennessee and Virginia Tech come to play here in Bristol, I think it would be great," says Street.
Officials at the track are remaining tight-lipped about the game. They tell us that there will be a major announcement Monday at 11:00 a.m. at a press conference.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon