The Superintendent of the Upper Big Branch mine has been charged with conspiracy to defraud the federal government.
Gary May is the highest-ranking Massey Energy employee to face criminal prosecution after 29 miners were killed in an explosion at the West Virginia mine in April of 2010.
Former security chief Hughie Elbert Stover is awaiting sentencing for lying to investigators and for trying to destroy documents.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities