BRISTOL, Tenn. - A six inch water main broke around 6:15 p.m. at 5th and State Streets in downtown Bristol on Friday, according to the city's utility services division.
The break forced crews to close 5th Street for repairs.
The water was shut off about 7:00 p.m.
5th Street was closed to traffic for repairs during a time when downtown Bristol is filled with people. At 10:45 p.m. crews said they had the break fixed and were restoring water service. Utility management does not know why the water main burst.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School