BRISTOL, Tenn. - A six inch water main broke around 6:15 p.m. at 5th and State Streets in downtown Bristol on Friday, according to the city's utility services division.
The break forced crews to close 5th Street for repairs.
The water was shut off about 7:00 p.m.
5th Street was closed to traffic for repairs during a time when downtown Bristol is filled with people. At 10:45 p.m. crews said they had the break fixed and were restoring water service. Utility management does not know why the water main burst.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument