A Criminal Court judge decided Wednesday that two men will be tried separately for the August 2015 murder of a Johnson City, Tennessee woman.
State prosecutors did not object to the motion by the defense attorneys of Aaron Charles Garland and Dallas Sarden who moved for different hearings.
Garland, 22, of Elizabethton, TN, will go on trial beginning April 25, the judge ruled. A date for Sarden, who is from Greeneville, TN, has not been set.
The men were arrested three weeks later and charged with first degree murder and robbery after the body of Karen K. Parker, 59, was found dead inside her apartment in the Westgate Village complex on Nathaniel Drive.
Police said they tracked the use of Parker's stolen bank cards to link the two men to the crime along with other evidence.
- Bristol, Va. school system operating under tight budget; asking city for extra funds
- Appalachian Power inspecting 600,000 power poles for any structural damage
- More accidents expected as Mt. Carmel speed cameras expire
- Mount Carmel BMA considers town park expansion
- Bluff City speed cam offline in 2019