Five teenagers have been charged with second-degree murder in the death of a Michigan man who was killed by a rock that smashed through the windshield of a vehicle in which he was riding.
Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton says the teens are 15 to 17 years old and are being charged as adults. He announced the charges Monday, five days after Ken White was killed on Interstate 75. White was a passenger in the vehicle.
According to the Genesee County Prosecutor’s Office, the five teens facing charges are Kyle Anger, Alexander Miller, Mark Sekelsky, Mikadyn Payne and Trevor Gray.
Investigators say rocks or chunks of concrete were thrown from an I-75 overpass, 80 miles north of Detroit. No other injuries were reported, but other vehicles were damaged.
*Our sister station WEYI contributed to this story.
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 shuts down all southbound lanes
- Sam's Gap closed off as of 11:15 p.m. Saturday
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need