BRISTOL, Tenn. - Rebecca Craddock with Bristol, Tennessee Schools tells News 5 WCYB a school bus and another vehicle have been involved in a crash.
District leaders say it happened on Volunteer Parkway at Godsey Road on Thursday afternoon. Bristol, Tennessee Police said Jordan Canter admitted to running a red light while using her phone. Canter was cited for disregarding the traffic signal.
15 students were on the bus. One child went to the hospital with a neck injury as a precaution, according to Craddock.
Parents picked up three students with minor injuries. The rest of the students went home on another bus.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin