BRISTOL, Tenn. - Rebecca Craddock with Bristol, Tennessee Schools tells News 5 WCYB a school bus and another vehicle have been involved in a crash.
District leaders say it happened on Volunteer Parkway at Godsey Road on Thursday afternoon. Bristol, Tennessee Police said Jordan Canter admitted to running a red light while using her phone. Canter was cited for disregarding the traffic signal.
15 students were on the bus. One child went to the hospital with a neck injury as a precaution, according to Craddock.
Parents picked up three students with minor injuries. The rest of the students went home on another bus.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus