BRISTOL, Tenn. - Rebecca Craddock with Bristol, Tennessee Schools tells News 5 WCYB a school bus and another vehicle have been involved in a crash.
District leaders say it happened on Volunteer Parkway at Godsey Road on Thursday afternoon. Bristol, Tennessee Police said Jordan Canter admitted to running a red light while using her phone. Canter was cited for disregarding the traffic signal.
15 students were on the bus. One child went to the hospital with a neck injury as a precaution, according to Craddock.
Parents picked up three students with minor injuries. The rest of the students went home on another bus.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'