BRISTOL, Va. - Fire crews were called to a house fire early Friday morning.
The call came in just after 7 a.m. to a home on Westfield Street.
Bristol, Virginia Fire Chief J.C. Bolling said a space heater started the fire. Bolling said it's important to keep space heaters away from other objects.
The Red Cross is providing the family with financial assistance to help with meals and clothing, and will continue to coordinate recovery assistance. The family is staying with relatives.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport