BRISTOL, Va. - Fire crews were called to a house fire early Friday morning.
The call came in just after 7 a.m. to a home on Westfield Street.
Bristol, Virginia Fire Chief J.C. Bolling said a space heater started the fire. Bolling said it's important to keep space heaters away from other objects.
The Red Cross is providing the family with financial assistance to help with meals and clothing, and will continue to coordinate recovery assistance. The family is staying with relatives.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest