BRISTOL, Va. - Fire crews were called to a house fire early Friday morning.
The call came in just after 7 a.m. to a home on Westfield Street.
Bristol, Virginia Fire Chief J.C. Bolling said a space heater started the fire. Bolling said it's important to keep space heaters away from other objects.
The Red Cross is providing the family with financial assistance to help with meals and clothing, and will continue to coordinate recovery assistance. The family is staying with relatives.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University