UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Two suspects charged in connection to a Carter County murder appeared before a judge Monday.
Timothy Pate and Whitney Harris were arrested the previous Friday. Unicoi County authorities discovered a decomposed body in a remote section of the county.
Authorities believe it's the remains of 78-year-old Lonnie Townsend.
Officers believe the murder happened in Carter County. Pate is charged with first degree murder and Harris faces accessory charges.
The pair will be back in court in June.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone