UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Two suspects charged in connection to a Carter County murder appeared before a judge Monday.
Timothy Pate and Whitney Harris were arrested the previous Friday. Unicoi County authorities discovered a decomposed body in a remote section of the county.
Authorities believe it's the remains of 78-year-old Lonnie Townsend.
Officers believe the murder happened in Carter County. Pate is charged with first degree murder and Harris faces accessory charges.
The pair will be back in court in June.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death