UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Two suspects charged in connection to a Carter County murder appeared before a judge Monday.
Timothy Pate and Whitney Harris were arrested the previous Friday. Unicoi County authorities discovered a decomposed body in a remote section of the county.
Authorities believe it's the remains of 78-year-old Lonnie Townsend.
Officers believe the murder happened in Carter County. Pate is charged with first degree murder and Harris faces accessory charges.
The pair will be back in court in June.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School