UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. - Two suspects charged in connection to a Carter County murder appeared before a judge Monday.
Timothy Pate and Whitney Harris were arrested the previous Friday. Unicoi County authorities discovered a decomposed body in a remote section of the county.
Authorities believe it's the remains of 78-year-old Lonnie Townsend.
Officers believe the murder happened in Carter County. Pate is charged with first degree murder and Harris faces accessory charges.
The pair will be back in court in June.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument