ERWIN, Tenn. - The sale of Unicoi County Memorial Hospital is being delayed by the Tennessee Attorney General's Office.
Three concerns are delaying the sale. First, the Attorney General's office wants the transaction to be approved by both the town and the county.
Second, they want the board to hold additional public meetings to discuss the proposal.
Third, they want to make sure the funds will be used for health care purposes only.
The board tells us it stands by its earlier decision that Mountain States best meets the needs of all county residents and it is the only one that fulfills all of the requirements set by the board.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator