ERWIN, Tenn. - The sale of Unicoi County Memorial Hospital is being delayed by the Tennessee Attorney General's Office.
Three concerns are delaying the sale. First, the Attorney General's office wants the transaction to be approved by both the town and the county.
Second, they want the board to hold additional public meetings to discuss the proposal.
Third, they want to make sure the funds will be used for health care purposes only.
The board tells us it stands by its earlier decision that Mountain States best meets the needs of all county residents and it is the only one that fulfills all of the requirements set by the board.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day