ERWIN, Tenn. - The sale of Unicoi County Memorial Hospital is being delayed by the Tennessee Attorney General's Office.
Three concerns are delaying the sale. First, the Attorney General's office wants the transaction to be approved by both the town and the county.
Second, they want the board to hold additional public meetings to discuss the proposal.
Third, they want to make sure the funds will be used for health care purposes only.
The board tells us it stands by its earlier decision that Mountain States best meets the needs of all county residents and it is the only one that fulfills all of the requirements set by the board.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor