ERWIN, Tenn. - The sale of Unicoi County Memorial Hospital is being delayed by the Tennessee Attorney General's Office.
Three concerns are delaying the sale. First, the Attorney General's office wants the transaction to be approved by both the town and the county.
Second, they want the board to hold additional public meetings to discuss the proposal.
Third, they want to make sure the funds will be used for health care purposes only.
The board tells us it stands by its earlier decision that Mountain States best meets the needs of all county residents and it is the only one that fulfills all of the requirements set by the board.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project