BOONE, N.C. - Two men are jailed in western North Carolina after officers say they found crystal meth in a home.
We learned officers searched a home on Long Street in Boone, North Carolina on Monday. Detectives found just over a half pound of crystal methamphetamine with an estimated street value of over $30,000.
Baxter Smith James, who resided at the house, and Robert Hill Phillips are charged with trafficking methamphetamine, along with several other drug related charges.
Both already had pending court cases in Watauga County for methamphetamine-related incidents.
|Baxter Smith James, 69, was charged with Trafficking in Methamphetamine, PWISD Methamphetamine, Maintaining a Dwelling/Place/Vehicle CS (F), and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.||Robert Hill Phillips, 48, was charged with Trafficking in Methamphetamine, PWISD Methamphetamine, Maintaining a Dwelling/Place/Vehicle CS (F), and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.|
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools