ABINGDON, Va. - Two people are now facing murder charges after the death of a toddler.
We've learned the toddler's mother and her live-in boyfriend are now charged with second degree murder.
Two-year-old Madison Snead died last November. Now Madison's mother, 25-year-old Sarah Louise Snead, and her live-in boyfriend, 23-year-old Silas Edward McCracken III, are charged with second degree murder. Chief Tony Sullivan with the Abingdon Police Department tells us the investigation revealed McCracken wrapped the toddler in three blankets and sat on the child's chest until she stopped moving.
We're told Snead admitted to helping McCracken and did not seek medical help for the little girl.
Here are more facts according to Captain Sullivan -- he says autopsy results showed Madison died from suffocation, along with previous signs of abuse. If convicted, both Snead and McCracken could face between five and 40 years behind bars.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome