BRISTOL, Va. - We have new facts in a dog attack we've been following this week.
Two people have been charged after a pit bull sent a woman and a little girl to the hospital last Friday. Click here to read more about that story.
Now 37-year-old Damon Alexander and 28-year-old Amanda Leigh Wilson, both of Bristol, Virginia, are facing felony charges. The two were keeping the pit bull, named Hitler, after it was released from the Sullivan County Animal Shelter.
It was being quarantined there for reportedly attacking Damon Alexander's two children.
Police say the charges came because the two allowed Lisa Manis to take the dog for a walk, but failed to warn her that it was vicious.
The dog then attacked Manis and her six-year-old daughter.
The pit bull was euthanized after the second attack.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death