BRISTOL, Va. - We have new facts in a dog attack we've been following this week.
Two people have been charged after a pit bull sent a woman and a little girl to the hospital last Friday. Click here to read more about that story.
Now 37-year-old Damon Alexander and 28-year-old Amanda Leigh Wilson, both of Bristol, Virginia, are facing felony charges. The two were keeping the pit bull, named Hitler, after it was released from the Sullivan County Animal Shelter.
It was being quarantined there for reportedly attacking Damon Alexander's two children.
Police say the charges came because the two allowed Lisa Manis to take the dog for a walk, but failed to warn her that it was vicious.
The dog then attacked Manis and her six-year-old daughter.
The pit bull was euthanized after the second attack.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens