One man is dead and another is in stable condition at UT Medical Center after being shot in Pigeon Forge Sunday evening.
Justin B. Dillard, 21, of Kentucky Avenue in Bristol, Tennessee died Sunday night after being shot in the parking lot of River Lodge South in Pigeon Forge. Also shot was Dillard's father, Travis B. Dillard, 47, of Weaver Pike in Bristol, Tennessee.
The two men, who were registered at the motel, were sitting in a white Nissan pick-up truck in the rear parking lot when approached by a man who asked them for money. He then shot both men while they were seated in the truck.
The shooter was described as a black man with dreadlocks wearing a purple shirt and jeans. He is approximately 5"10" tall and weighing approximately 250 pounds.
The shooter left the scene in a large white sedan, possibly a Buick.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pigeon Forge Police.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Updated Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy