One man is dead and another is in stable condition at UT Medical Center after being shot in Pigeon Forge Sunday evening.
Justin B. Dillard, 21, of Kentucky Avenue in Bristol, Tennessee died Sunday night after being shot in the parking lot of River Lodge South in Pigeon Forge. Also shot was Dillard's father, Travis B. Dillard, 47, of Weaver Pike in Bristol, Tennessee.
The two men, who were registered at the motel, were sitting in a white Nissan pick-up truck in the rear parking lot when approached by a man who asked them for money. He then shot both men while they were seated in the truck.
The shooter was described as a black man with dreadlocks wearing a purple shirt and jeans. He is approximately 5"10" tall and weighing approximately 250 pounds.
The shooter left the scene in a large white sedan, possibly a Buick.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pigeon Forge Police.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor