ABINGDON, Va. - Police arrested two Abingdon men Friday morning after finding meth in the truck the men were in.
The Abingdon Police Department says they found 26-year-old Chadrick Lee Bartley and 23-year-old Steven Michael Salyer asleep in the front seat of a black GMC pickup, parked in the parking lot of the Hardee's on Cummings Street in Abingdon.
Officers say they noticed the driver, Bartley, had a needle in his lap, and that a spoon with a melted pill was in the center console.
Police say a search of the truck yielded several packages of methamphetamine packaged for resale, as well as a tourniquet, needles and other drug-related items. The Abingdon PD says they also found a lockbox with marijuana.
Police say Bartley and Salyer are charged with possession of meth with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, and public intoxication. Bartley is also charged with possession of marijuana.
Both men are being held without bond in the Southwest Regional Jail.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend