SALT LAKE CITY, Ut. - A Utah judge has ordered a man accused of killing a southwest Virginia boy to stand trial.
Nathan Sloop is charged with murder in the death of four-year-old Ethan Stacy, of Richlands, Virginia in May of 2010.
He'd been visiting Nathan Sloop and his mother, Stephanie, in Utah.
Thursday's decision comes nearly four months after the judge heard the evidence against Sloop. The judge did not rule on if the death penalty can be considered.
Sloop is accused of abusing Ethan while he was visiting, which authorities say led to his death.
Stephanie Sloop is also charged in the murder.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial