SALT LAKE CITY, Ut. - A Utah judge has ordered a man accused of killing a southwest Virginia boy to stand trial.
Nathan Sloop is charged with murder in the death of four-year-old Ethan Stacy, of Richlands, Virginia in May of 2010.
He'd been visiting Nathan Sloop and his mother, Stephanie, in Utah.
Thursday's decision comes nearly four months after the judge heard the evidence against Sloop. The judge did not rule on if the death penalty can be considered.
Sloop is accused of abusing Ethan while he was visiting, which authorities say led to his death.
Stephanie Sloop is also charged in the murder.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University