ABINGDON, Va. - Two adults charged with child abuse and neglect in Abingdon, Virginia had their court date delayed today.
Two-year-old Madison Snead died back in November.
The child's mother, Sarah Louise Snead, and the mother's boyfriend, Silas Edward McCracken, were in court today. They learned they will now have to wait until May 9th.
The court is still awaiting final autopsy results.
Another reason for the delay was the anticipated length of the trial. Court employees are expecting a longer than normal case. That required a date in which no other cases were on the docket.
- Space Needle owner: Ticket sales going to employees, relief fund
- Dolly Foundation: More than 900 sign up for relief fund assistance
- UPDATE: Jonesborough triple murder suspect pleads guilty, receives life sentence
- Saturday is last day to donate to Food City / BMS Relief Fund for Sevier County
- Coeburn man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries