ABINGDON, Va. - Two adults charged with child abuse and neglect in Abingdon, Virginia had their court date delayed today.
Two-year-old Madison Snead died back in November.
The child's mother, Sarah Louise Snead, and the mother's boyfriend, Silas Edward McCracken, were in court today. They learned they will now have to wait until May 9th.
The court is still awaiting final autopsy results.
Another reason for the delay was the anticipated length of the trial. Court employees are expecting a longer than normal case. That required a date in which no other cases were on the docket.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show
- UVA-Wise hosts 24-hour student Hackathon in Abingdon