ABINGDON, Va. - Two adults charged with child abuse and neglect in Abingdon, Virginia had their court date delayed today.
Two-year-old Madison Snead died back in November.
The child's mother, Sarah Louise Snead, and the mother's boyfriend, Silas Edward McCracken, were in court today. They learned they will now have to wait until May 9th.
The court is still awaiting final autopsy results.
Another reason for the delay was the anticipated length of the trial. Court employees are expecting a longer than normal case. That required a date in which no other cases were on the docket.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave