ABINGDON, Va. - Two adults charged with child abuse and neglect in Abingdon, Virginia had their court date delayed today.
Two-year-old Madison Snead died back in November.
The child's mother, Sarah Louise Snead, and the mother's boyfriend, Silas Edward McCracken, were in court today. They learned they will now have to wait until May 9th.
The court is still awaiting final autopsy results.
Another reason for the delay was the anticipated length of the trial. Court employees are expecting a longer than normal case. That required a date in which no other cases were on the docket.
- Bristol, Va. city leaders pass final budget; alter staffing level procedure
- UPDATE: Johnson City doctor ordered to pay $1.2M in 2012 anticancer drug case
- Man lucky to be alive after heart stops for nearly 30 minutes
- Settlement between Sullivan County & Sheriff's Office could lead to tax increase
- Washington Co. - JC Animal Shelter in need of cat supplies