WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A man is in the hospital after his truck is hit by a train at a railroad crossing in Southwest Virginia.
According to Virginia State Police, the driver of the truck is 48-year-old James Michael Thomas of Bristol, Tennessee.
Police tell us Thomas did not stop at a railroad crossing on Wallace Pike near Warrior Trail.
We're told the crossing is controlled by a stop sign.
Police tell us charges are pending.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator