WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A man is in the hospital after his truck is hit by a train at a railroad crossing in Southwest Virginia.
According to Virginia State Police, the driver of the truck is 48-year-old James Michael Thomas of Bristol, Tennessee.
Police tell us Thomas did not stop at a railroad crossing on Wallace Pike near Warrior Trail.
We're told the crossing is controlled by a stop sign.
Police tell us charges are pending.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall