HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Hawkins County Emergency Management crews are working a train derailment in Bulls Gap, Tennessee.
It happened around 1:30 Sunday afternoon.
We've learned several roads are closed near South Main Street.
Emergency Management Director Gary Murrell tells us two engines are off the track, one is tilted.
Two coal cars also went off the track but they were empty.
Murrell says the biggest concern is for 17 homes that are cut from emergency crews because of the derailment.
He tells us Hamblen County is going to serve the area until the scene is cleared, which could take until tomorrow.
We're told the derailment is not weather related.
No one was hurt.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court