BRISTOL, Va. - You could face some traffic delays in Bristol, Virginia because of some downtown upgrades.
The Virginia Department of Transportation is funding the upgrade of traffic signals at four intersections in Bristol, Virginia, and some of the work has already started.
The intersections affected are Euclid avenue at Vance Street, Euclid Avenue at Commonwealth Avenue, Lee Highway at Bonham Road, and Lee Highway at Valley Drive.
Mast arms will replace the span wire the signals currently hang on and the signals will be replaced with new LED heads for greater visibility.
Richardson-Wayland Electrical Company, out of Roanoke, Virginia, is performing the signal light upgrade work.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN