BRISTOL, Va. - You could face some traffic delays in Bristol, Virginia because of some downtown upgrades.
The Virginia Department of Transportation is funding the upgrade of traffic signals at four intersections in Bristol, Virginia, and some of the work has already started.
The intersections affected are Euclid avenue at Vance Street, Euclid Avenue at Commonwealth Avenue, Lee Highway at Bonham Road, and Lee Highway at Valley Drive.
Mast arms will replace the span wire the signals currently hang on and the signals will be replaced with new LED heads for greater visibility.
Richardson-Wayland Electrical Company, out of Roanoke, Virginia, is performing the signal light upgrade work.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone