DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - There are new developments at this hour in a story we've been reporting on since last week.
It involves three of six teenagers in Castlewood, Virginia facing charges for an alleged sexual assault incident with another student.
Three of the accused were in Russell County court Thursday. We have just learned one of teens, who is now 18, has been ordered to be held at the regional jail until the court date in November.
The second juvenile has been sent to the detention center. The third has been released on outreach detention, which will require him to check in with an outreach officer. He's been ordered not to be on school property and has to be under 24-hour surveillance by guardians
Earlier this week the judge ordered the other three teens be sent to detention and not be allowed to attend school.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall