ABINGDON, Va. - It was a violent crime that happened two years ago in Abingdon and now a judge has ordered the two people convicted to spend the rest of their lives in prison.
Police say two people were murdered at this Baugh Lane Apartment Complex in 2012. Authorities tell us Cody Wayne Young and Stephanie Molino stabbed the man and woman to death then set fire to the apartment to cover up the crime and dumped the man's body in Sullivan County. Both were charged with first degree murder and arson. According to the Commonwealth's Attorney for Washington County Virginia, Tuesday a judge handed down three life sentences for young and molino with an extra 40 years for both on a robbery charge. We're told the pair robbed a pregnant woman at gunpoint the next day.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death