HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A grocery store clerk is credited with helping police track down a suspect after the store was robbed.
Police say someone walked into Lakeview Grocery in Rogersville, Tennessee at 1 a.m. Monday morning and demanded money. The robber then ran off with checks and bank bags of money.
A short time later, Deputy Mark Harrell pulled over a vehicle for a traffic violation and realized one of the people in the car matched the clerk's description. A search of the vehicle turned up all the cash.
Police say three people were arrested -- 26-year-old Justin Ricker, 30-year-old Alice Wright and 22-year-old Larry McGinnis, all from Rogersville, were charged with robbery.
Police say all three people are being held in the Hawkins County jail. Bond is set at $50,000 dollars each.
They?re scheduled to be in court July 11.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University