HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A grocery store clerk is credited with helping police track down a suspect after the store was robbed.
Police say someone walked into Lakeview Grocery in Rogersville, Tennessee at 1 a.m. Monday morning and demanded money. The robber then ran off with checks and bank bags of money.
A short time later, Deputy Mark Harrell pulled over a vehicle for a traffic violation and realized one of the people in the car matched the clerk's description. A search of the vehicle turned up all the cash.
Police say three people were arrested -- 26-year-old Justin Ricker, 30-year-old Alice Wright and 22-year-old Larry McGinnis, all from Rogersville, were charged with robbery.
Police say all three people are being held in the Hawkins County jail. Bond is set at $50,000 dollars each.
They?re scheduled to be in court July 11.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment