Things that cost as much as raising a kid
According to the Agriculture Department, a middle-income family with a child born in 2013 can expect to spend about $245,340 for food, shelter and other expenses up to age 18. Take a look at what other things you could get for the same amount of money.
Around The Watercooler
- Reports: 10,000 doves searched by police in China
- Accused doughnut truck thief drops pastry, surrenders
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- Strong cologne leads cops to hiding criminal
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?