BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in Bristol, Tennessee opened its doors just a few days ago, and they've been very pleased with how great business has been.
General Manager Jeff Hall tells News 5 the community has been extremely supportive and they're looking forward to holding workshops and seminars within the next few weeks.
People from all over the country visited the store this weekend. Hall says he counted license plates in the parking lot from 21 different states, and so far, the store has employed over 200 associates.
"Yesterday's traffic was just non-stop. I mean they continued to cycle in from 8 a.m. all the way until 10 p.m. last night, and we had over 18,000 folks come through the building yesterday," adds Hall.
Hall tells News 5 they had 10,000 people come through on opening night.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane