HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. - A construction worker was killed on Interstate 81 Thursday afternoon.
According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, it happened near mile marker eight in Hamblen County.
Troopers say Chad Rogers was walking across the northbound lanes when his hard hat blew off his head. They say he went into traffic to get his hat and was hit by a tractor-trailer.
Rogers worked for Charles Blalock and Sons.
No charges were placed.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event