HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. - A construction worker was killed on Interstate 81 Thursday afternoon.
According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, it happened near mile marker eight in Hamblen County.
Troopers say Chad Rogers was walking across the northbound lanes when his hard hat blew off his head. They say he went into traffic to get his hat and was hit by a tractor-trailer.
Rogers worked for Charles Blalock and Sons.
No charges were placed.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting