HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. - A construction worker was killed on Interstate 81 Thursday afternoon.
According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, it happened near mile marker eight in Hamblen County.
Troopers say Chad Rogers was walking across the northbound lanes when his hard hat blew off his head. They say he went into traffic to get his hat and was hit by a tractor-trailer.
Rogers worked for Charles Blalock and Sons.
No charges were placed.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane