HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. - A construction worker was killed on Interstate 81 Thursday afternoon.
According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, it happened near mile marker eight in Hamblen County.
Troopers say Chad Rogers was walking across the northbound lanes when his hard hat blew off his head. They say he went into traffic to get his hat and was hit by a tractor-trailer.
Rogers worked for Charles Blalock and Sons.
No charges were placed.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University