NASHVILLE, Tenn. - It's one step forward for a Tennessee bill to allow wine sales in grocery and convenience stores.
In a key House subcommittee vote, the bill passed by a five-to-four vote. House Speaker Beth Harwell cast the deciding vote.
It now goes to a full committee that vote is also expected to be close. A companion bill narrowly cleared a Senate committee last week by one vote.
Angry liquor store owners wanted the bill postponed until July 2014 to allow them to make adjustments to their businesses.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School