A drug treatment center is open in Gray and Washington County, Tennessee commissioners are trying to show they have citizens safety in mind.
Over Mountain Recovery in Gray, operated by ETSU and Mountain States Health Alliance, opened on Monday. They are already assessing patients who have requested help with their addictions.
Many in the Gray community have been concerned about the center being located there.
Washington County Commissioner Bryan Davenport wants the people to know they are taking their concerns seriously.
"Their representatives have been in communication with the Sheriff's Department. We are prepared. We will be committed to keeping our area, our Gray community safe," Davenport said.
Davenport says he is confident a sheriff's deputy will be close by in case their is any problem during the treatment center's hours of operation.
- Disney Animation, Pixar chief John Lasseter taking leave
- Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination