Several weeks have passed and still no arrests in the murder of woman who was found dead on Christmas Eve in Washington County, Tennessee.
The body of Keila Marie Taylor, 40, was found partially clothed on the banks on the Watauga River along Herb Hodge Road near Johnson City.
Local authorities and the TBI are working to determine who killed her, including the development of some fresh leads including one this week, investigators told News 5.
Captain Shawn Judy of the Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that more evidence is being processed at TBI's crime lab. He also noted that Taylor's cause of death has been determined but the department is not revealing those details at this time.
"There's some other evidence that we are trying to retrieve. It's going to take a little while for it come back. But I'm still confident we will find out who did this, someone was going to call and let us know, we'll find out through evidence and or a combination of both," Judy said.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone