A state medical examiner's report says a man found murdered inside his apartment in Bristol, Virginia on Thursday suffered a broken skull, Sheriff Fred Newman announced Friday.
The body of Steven Jeremy Hafen, 39, was found in the living room of his dwelling located off of Reedy Creek Road just after 10 a.m. Thursday. Officers had to force their way into his home after family members called for assistance after failing to hear from Hafen since Wednesday.
Newman also said that he feels this was an isolated case and there is no danger to the general public.
A motive or possible suspect has not been disclosed by police.
Anyone with information on this case can contact Detective Brandon Tweed at (276) 676-6030.
- Kingsport veteran and his mother receive Holston Habitat home
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 causing delays
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need